My Approach to Craniosacral Therapy
Resting in heart-full stillness, I combine skill, awareness and compassionate presence to facilitate your return to health.
Every Craniosacral Therapist brings their own unique qualities to their work. It is clear to me that my meditation practise, personal healing journey and life experiences contribute to the skills I bring to each session. I aim to bring the whole of who I am and what I have to offer in every moment, to pay attention to both the particulars of your personal story, and to the deeper aspects of your Being.
The Biodynamic Approach
Thankfully I found a modality that gives me effective tools to help me do this. Trained in Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy (BCST), my approach is fundamentally distinct from some more functional Biomechanical styles of CST and Cranio-Osteopathy.* BCST is a heart-centred, holistic approach which “acknowledges the deepest foundations and wholeness of the human system.”1
The Craniosacral Biodynamic approach:
- Recognises the importance of the client-therapist relationship and the quality of the holding field provided by the therapist
- Encourages client orientation to inner resources to ensure that processing and integration can occur in a safe and easeful manner
- Emphasises the sentience of the human being, and recognises each individual as an expression of the creative life principle. Interwoven with the fabric of existence, we “are not separate from the vast forces at work throughout the universe”1
- Honours and listens to the intelligence inherent within the human system (i.e. is ‘client led’), assisting inner release and resolution to occur, rather than applying external force or pressure in order to fix problems
- Acknowledges the significance of embryological development and pre- and peri-natal experience (i.e. our earliest emotional and relational experiences) in forming both the physical framework and the experiential basis of who we are throughout life
BCST is a tool for deep inner transformation, helping you to settle beneath the layers of physical tension and the tumultuous waves of everyday mental and emotional experience, to be nourished from the inside.