Who can benefit from Craniosacral Therapy?
CST works with the whole person, aiming to restore optimal function, vitality and wellbeing, starting right where you are when you come in for a session. However, I cannot claim to ‘fix’ specific conditions, and certainly do not promise to ‘make you better’. In my experience CST can have remarkable results, but this can take time and commitment, and there are no guaranteed outcomes. What I can say is that I will endeavour to meet your needs to the best of my ability, and will help you to come into a more healthful relationship with what ever health conditions or life experiences that may present for you. This is very simple and yet also very powerful, and sets the stage for potential transformation and healing to occur.
Having said that I’d like to give you an idea of the potential scope of CST. Many people over many years have turned to CST for such a huge variety of reasons, it is impossible to list them all here… but I’ll give you a taste of the most common themes:
- Shock, anxiety and stress related issues
- The need for support to meet life’s challenges, physical and emotional
- Acute physical problems, such as bad backs, injuries and headaches
- Long standing chronic physical conditions, such as structural misalignment, digestive disorders, low energy, and hormonal imbalances
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and post natal care (see babies and children)
- Nervous system conditions, hyperactivity and insomnia
- Deep emotional issues, for example relationship breakdown, bereavement, major life crises
- Self –exploration and development, journeying deeper into one’s inner world, developing a healthy relationship with one’s self and others
- Spiritual emergency, depression, loss of meaning and direction
- Trauma resolution (past or present). Overwhelming, difficult or painful experiences encountered from conception to adulthood
However, I would again like to reiterate that I do not claim to ‘cure’ any of the above. CST is not intended as primary healthcare, but rather to work alongside the relationship you have with your doctor.